On this page you'll find a collection of articles written about various aspects of the period-drama genre.
If you would like your article featured here, please feel free to contact us.
Within each category, the most recent articles are listed first.
Books and Fan Fiction
- Cheerful Weather for the Wedding: Top Period Weddings in Film
- An Introduction to the British Regency Period
- “Period Drama” and “Costume Drama” — Quantifying the Difference
- Why are Period Dramas so Popular?
- Lorna Doone
- Reflections on Les Misérables
- The Moonstone
- North and South
- The King's Speech
- The Duchess
- Becoming Jane — Movie Review
- Girl with a Pearl Earring: Painting, Book, and Period-Drama Film
- The Similarities Between “Meet Me in St. Louis” and “Little Women”
- The Story Behind Jamaica Inn
- Dimensions: A Line, A Loop, A Tangle of Threads
- Cheerful Weather for the Wedding
- Haddon Hall's Costume Exhibition Brings Jane Eyre to Life Again
- "The Story of The Costume Drama: The Greatest Stories Ever Told" Premieres in March on PBS
- MASTERPIECE Premieres its 40th Season with Downton Abbey
- Downton Abbey — Final Casting Press Release
Short Period Dramas
Return to the main page.