On this page, you'll find links to our favourite websites related to period/costume dramas. If you would like to suggest a link, please feel free to contact us.
Personal Websites / Blogs
- A daily celebration of the brilliance of Jane Austen’s writing.
- Costume Drama Reviews
- Reviews of costume-drama movies and TV series.
- Emma Adaptations Pages
- Dedicated to adaptations of Jane Austen's Emma.
- Jane Austen's World
- Discussing Jane Austen, her novels, and the Regency period.
- The Period Movie Review
- Historical costumes in film.
- Academy Media
- Makers of "Famous Authors: Concise Biographies", a series of short educational documentaries on past authors.
- Edelweiss Patterns
- A company specializing in vintage clothing patterns, especially those for dresses from the 1965 movie The Sound of Music.
- History in the Movies
- For those who want to know: did it really happen that way?
- Long Ago Captures
- A great period-drama image resource that provided some of the screenshots used on this website.
- Longbourn: A Jane Austen Screencap Site
- A good resource for screenshots taken from adaptations of Jane Austen novels.
- Project Gutenberg
- Contains the full text of many classic novels that are now in the public domain.
- Sarah Eastel Locations
- Promotion and representation of locations to the film, television, and photographic industries.
- The Internet Movie Database
- Using the following links to find the highest-rated movies and TV series listed on IMDb according to the keywords:
- The Jane Austen Centre
- The website of the Jane Austen Centre in Bath, a city in which Jane Austen lived.
- UK Film Location
- An online film locations library that connects film makers and owners of properties in the UK and mainland Europe.
Your Link Here?
If you have a website about anything to do with the period-drama genre and would like to be linked, please feel free to contact us to let us know.